By Panayot Butchvarov
Read Online or Download Anthropocentrism in Philosophy: Realism, Antirealism, Semirealism (Eide) PDF
Similar epistemology books
In the course of its century-long unfolding, spreading in several instructions, Husserlian phenomenology whereas loosening internal articulations, has however maintained a a bit of constant profile. As we see during this assortment, the varied conceptions and theories complicated within the a number of stages of reinterpretations have remained identifiable with phenomenology.
Descartes's works are usually handled as a unified, unchanging complete. yet in Descartes's altering brain, Peter Machamer and J. E. McGuire argue that the philosopher's perspectives, rather in usual philosophy, truly swap notably among his early and later works--and that any interpretation of Descartes needs to take account of those adjustments.
Released very almost immediately prior to his loss of life in February 1976, that means is the fruits of Michael Polanyi's philosophic endeavors. With the help of Harry Prosch, Polanyi is going past his prior critique of medical "objectivity" to enquire which means as based upon the innovative and artistic schools.
German Idealism as Constructivism is the end result of decades of study via unusual thinker Tom Rockmore—it is his definitive assertion at the debate approximately German idealism among proponents of representationalism and people of constructivism that also plagues our take hold of of the heritage of German idealism and the full epistemological venture this day.
- James Frederick Ferrier: Selected Writings (Library of Scottish Philosophy)
- Theories of Truth (Wiley Blackwell Readings in Philosophy)
- On Thinking and the World: John McDowell's Mind and World (Ashgate New Critical Thinking in Philosophy)
- Contemporary Philosophical Naturalism and Its Implications (Routledge Studies in the Philosophy of Science)
- Processes and Boundaries of the Mind: Extending the Limit Line (Contemporary Systems Thinking)
- Towards a Theory of Epistemically Significant Perception: How We Relate to the World (Ideen & Argumente)
Extra resources for Anthropocentrism in Philosophy: Realism, Antirealism, Semirealism (Eide)