By John F. Miller,Carole E. Newlands
A instruction manual to the Reception of Ovid offers greater than 30 unique essays written via best students revealing the wealthy variety of serious engagement with Ovid’s poetry that spans the Western culture from antiquity to the current day.
- Offers leading edge views on Ovid’s poetry and its reception from antiquity to the current day
- Features contributions from greater than 30 prime students within the Humanities.
- Introduces general and unexpected figures within the background of Ovidian reception.
- Demonstrates the long-lasting and transformative energy of Ovid’s poetry into smooth times.
Read Online or Download A Handbook to the Reception of Ovid (HCRZ - Wiley Blackwell Handbooks to Classical Reception) PDF
Similar love poems books
During this compelling memoir, informed via prose and poetry, Nancy Arroyo-Ruffin walks throughout the fireplace to stand her such a lot painful stories and does so brazenly and truthfully. Raised at the ruthless streets of Brooklyn, manhattan within the 1980's, Arroyo-Ruffin takes us on an exhilarating voyage of affection, loss, and heartbreak.
Blues of a Love Junkie is a love tale. that is all. it is a tale that's basic, but advanced; real, but challenging to think; smooth and smooth, but tough. The poems during this e-book were weaved jointly to inform a narrative of these who stand bare and unafraid to inform their tale. The blues have continually been used to inform tales, even if the singer was once unhappy or superbly satisfied simply because blues musicians have constantly identified that love is the foundation of all tales.
This can be a choice of poems generally written through the interval April 1997 to March 2005, among the a long time of 16 to twenty-four of my lifestyles, which marks the $64000 transition from formative years to maturity. The poems might be labeled into 4 vast different types, specifically Nature, Love and Friendship, existence, and the folk who made a distinction in my existence.
"Take a bath, wash off the day. Drink a tumbler of water. Make the room darkish. Lie down and shut your eyes. realize the silence. observe your center. nonetheless beating. nonetheless combating. You made it, in the end. You made it, one other day. and you'll make it yet another. You’re doing simply high quality. " Named after the poem that has been shared over 500,000 occasions on Tumblr, this can be the third publication from younger writer and songwriter Charlotte Eriksson.
- Debate of the Romance of the Rose (The Other Voice in Early Modern Europe)
- Dear Diary: Political, Poetic, Pleasure & Pain (Written Images Book 1)
- Progressive Perspectives 2
- The Flaming Tresses of Draupadi
- Of Stars and Youthful Whimsy
Extra resources for A Handbook to the Reception of Ovid (HCRZ - Wiley Blackwell Handbooks to Classical Reception)